Monday, May 21, 2012

the prologue to a world of fine vintage

Hello there,  I'm the Horse Trader, and I have decided to write this blog about thrift shopping, saving money, and re-using everyday items to help build a sustainable society and keep my pocket book fat.Why buy brand new, if you can find it used! I am an avid thrifter, some might say i have a problem. Oh well, I like it. I rarely pass a yards sale or an estate sale without  stooping to take a peek. I love vintage household items, and frankly, what better place to get them than from the source, old people!
 So over the next few months I will be disusing a variety of things that I think will be useful to a new, or well seasoned thrifter. the pourpose of this is to share some experiences I have had,as well as some techniques that have allowed me to enjoy the comfort of our home in the finest style available! We lill discuss 1. clothing, i.e. pearl snap shirts, jeans, Vintage jackets, and women's ware from the 20's 30's 40's 50's and 60's that  my wife just loves. How to identify what you have, and what it might be worth. 2. housewares(my personal favorite) everything from "swing-away" can openers, to poppy-trail dish sets by metlox. Or those really cool "wagner ware, magnilite" cast aluminum  pots and pans and cast iron cook ware. 3. furniture. Mid-century modern, to shaker. I will try to cover a broad range. 4. whatever else that comes to mind over the coarse of this blog.  like what, where, and when to buy. Here are a few of my recent finds below



 Now then, fasten your seat belts! It's gonna be a wild ride! I have a lot of stuff to prepare for you guys and unfortunately I have to work, just like every other hack out there. So get your dollar bills in order and go out there and check it out!! Good luck!!!!

-THT

No comments:

Post a Comment